7th International Vacuum Insulation Symposium
|The 7th International Vacuum Insulation Symposium continued a series of conferences which was originally started by the former Vacuum Insulation Association (VIA). The last conference was held in Washington DC in 2003. The Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Testing and Research (Empa) were the venue of the 7th International Vacuum Insulation Symposium in 2005. Empa also organised the conference and workshop on High Performance Thermal Insulation Systems - Vacuum Insulated Products (VIP) in 2001.|
The symposium offered two informative days of technical sessions, table top exhibits, presentations and networking opportunities for high-performance thermal insulation system and vacuum insulation manufacturers, fabricators and end users. Recent years have seen accelerated developments in the performance, service-life and cost effectiveness of and new applications for vacuum insulation technologies.
The 2005 Symposium provided answers to questions such as:
- What is the state-of-the-art in VIP technology and emerging developments?
- What are the criteria for VIPs to gain better acceptance in different industries?
- What are the greatest opportunities for improvements in materials?
- What research remains to be done?
- Is it possible, on the one hand, to increase performance and, on the other, reduce costs?
- What are the obstacles to VIPs being adopted in specific markets? How can they be addressed?
- Which application areas are already practice-oriented?
- Do VIPs compete with other technologies such as aerogels?
Flyer (pdf file, 2044 KB)